Monday, March 21, 2016

Prayers from Palm Sunday 2016 at 8:15am


Prayers using verses from Psalm 31, written and lead by Valerie Andersen

A prayer from Psalm 31

Vs. 1: In you, O Lord, do I take refuge: let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me.
Holy and gracious Father: You are our creator and provider, encourager and protector. We come to you with thankful hearts for rain, for changing seasons, for the joys of life - the new life of Lark John Rehbein - as well as the trials of life - .... May we live boldly knowing You have claimed us as Your own. 

O Protecting God:  Hear our prayer. 

Vs. 3: For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me;...

Open our eyes, our ears, and our hearts, so that we can see and do that which you have called us to do. Remove the scales of indifference from our eyes and the bindings of fear and ignorance from our hands and feet. Increase our trust in You. Give us courage. Lead and guide us to bring Your love and grace to the unbelieving, the afflicted, disenfranchised, weak and vulnerable, to those we fear or do not understand, whether near to us or far away.

O Servant God:  Hear our prayer.

Vs. 5: Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me ...

Dearest Jesus: We are in awe of you. You died for us. As You faithfully heeded the Father’s will, dying for our sakes, may we commit to that same will, losing our broken, worldly selves, for the sake of those around us so that they too will know the blessed assurance of Your love and full promise of Your glory.

O Saving God:  Hear our prayer.

Vs. 9 and 14: Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eye is wasted with grief; my soul and my body also...But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.”

Heavenly Advocate: We are in pain. Those we love are in pain. Our sin causes physical, emotional, and spiritual torment. We pray especially for ... Help them. Comfort them. They are Yours. 

O Healing God:  Hear our prayer.

Vs. 16: Make your face shine on your servant; save me in your steadfast love!!

O Holy God: May we see your face today. May we reflect your grace, and may our lives encourage others to fall more deeply in love with you.  

And all God’s people say:  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment